For your study, research and enjoyment, there are several categories of Internet links included
Bible Browsers, Devotional Guides, Current Interests, Church-related Disaster Aide, Presbyterian Reference sites, and Fair Trade Sites
- PC(USA) Lectionary — suggested scripture readings for each day from the PC(USA). A two-year cycle that reads through the entire Bible.
- Oremus An on-line search engine for books and verse of the Bible. Includes the New Revised Standard Version which we normally use for worship and study.
- Bible Gateway An on-line search engine for passages in the Bible. Includes many versions in English and other languages.
- The One Year Bible Online This subsidiary of the Bible Gateway is for anyone who wants to read the entire Bible in one year. Simply choose your start date and you’re good to go.
- Daily Lectionary Readings Suggested readings for each day from the PCUSA. A two-year cycle that reads through the entire Bible.
- d365 A devotional site for teens co-sponsored by the Episcopal Church, Presbyterian Church USA and The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.
- Henri Nouwen Society Suggested readings and excerpts from Nouwen’s writings
- Upper Room Daily reading and devotional from Upper Room Ministries of the United Methodist Church
- Just Living – a guide for couples and families on practicing faith in the little decisions of everyday; living simply so that others can simply live. This is part of PC(USA)’s “Enough for Everyone” initiative.
- Christianity Today On line magazine
- Guideposts True stories of hope, faith, personal growth and positive thinking, plus inspiring quotes, daily devotionals and prayers for every need.
- Presbyterian News Service – offers “deep and wide stories”
- Presbyterian Outlook A weekly magazine dedicated to reporting the concerns of Presbyterian Churches.
- Presbyterians Today Official magazine of the PCUSA with articles of interest to those in the pews. Limited articles available on-line. Print subscription information available.
Church-Related Disaster Relief Agencies
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance Updates on involvement and current appeals through the Presbyterian Church U.S.A.
- Church World Service Ecumenical relief agency through whom Presbyterians often coordinate. Find directions for emergency hygiene and other kits distributed by CWS. Coordinator of CROP Walks.
Counseling and Self-Help
The Samaritan Counseling Center of South East Michigan offers pastoral counseling and psycho-therapy.
Presbyterian Related Websites
- Presbyterian Church in the United State of America Our denomination. Includes information about beliefs, programs, and resources listed below.
- The Presbytery of Detroit The regional body to which our church belongs.
- The Synod of the Covenant The regional body of the PCUSA between Presbytery and General Assembly
- Equal Exchange – fairly traded coffee, tea, chocolate and other snacks; a trading partner of the Presbyterian Coffee Project
- Serrv – Sustainable crafts and foods to change lives